Monday, December 8, 2014

Gluten free potato chip crunches

Last week I went to a cookie exchange, I had a hard time figuring out what to bring. So I decided to make something sweet but salty and crunchy. I remembered a old recipe from the taste of home that I used to use when I made tons of cookies every Christmas. It was a hit then so I decided to make it a gluten free option.  



2 cups butter, room temp
1.5 c sugar 
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract 
3 c King Arthur gluten free baking mix
1 c potato chips broken, make sure they are gf.
1 c. Chopped pecans, make sure they are gf.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter and sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl, using a stand mixer. Add egg and extract. Add one cup of gluten free flour mixing after each addition. You will notice the mixer working hard, so add the last two ingredients and mix by hand. Drop by spoonfuls onto a ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 18-24 min This cookie goes well with tea or coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment