Sunday, March 29, 2015

Rice pudding ( gluten free, dairy free)

Not feeling my best today, I felt like I wanted something hot for breakfast just not oatmeal again. I remembered I had some left over rice in the fridge, and decided let's see what I can come up with. However, most rice puddings use whole milk, well... I forgot to go to the store yesterday but I did have a container of silks blend of almond/coconut milk. 






3 c. Almond/coconut milk 
3/4 c. Coconut sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/3 gluten free all purpose flour
3 c. Leftover rice
1/2-2/3 raisins, optional 
3 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla

In a medium saucepan, heat almond/milk, coconut sugar, and spices til it boils, if it's to thick add more almond/coconut milk. While that's heating up, in another dish whisk the three egg yolks ( save the whites for a egg white omelette or forgotten cookies). Once mix has boiled, add 1/2-3/4 c. hot mix to the egg yolks. Whisk while pouring it in to temper the eggs. Then pour that back into the pan, add the leftover rice, vanilla, raisins to pan. Heat thru. This makes a great hot breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment